Driver cut from car after head on collision
Car becomes wedged in a hedge after collision on the B3227 on Monday afternoon.
FIRE CREWS had to remove the roof of a car to free a trapped casualty after a head on collision at Atherington this afternoon (Monday).
Two fire engines from Torrington and Barnstaple attended the scene around 2.25pm on the B3227.
The collision between a black Ford focus and a red Volkswagen polo had left one vehicle wedged in a hedge.
Police closed the road while fire crews removed the roof of the wedged car to remove a casualty.
The driver of the Ford Focus was taken to hospital with neck and chest pains, and the other driver suffered minor injuries.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 7 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?