Driver cut from car after head on collision
Car becomes wedged in a hedge after collision on the B3227 on Monday afternoon.
FIRE CREWS had to remove the roof of a car to free a trapped casualty after a head on collision at Atherington this afternoon (Monday).
Two fire engines from Torrington and Barnstaple attended the scene around 2.25pm on the B3227.
The collision between a black Ford focus and a red Volkswagen polo had left one vehicle wedged in a hedge.
Police closed the road while fire crews removed the roof of the wedged car to remove a casualty.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Ford Focus was taken to hospital with neck and chest pains, and the other driver suffered minor injuries.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed