Driver cut from car after head on collision
Car becomes wedged in a hedge after collision on the B3227 on Monday afternoon.
FIRE CREWS had to remove the roof of a car to free a trapped casualty after a head on collision at Atherington this afternoon (Monday).
Two fire engines from Torrington and Barnstaple attended the scene around 2.25pm on the B3227.
The collision between a black Ford focus and a red Volkswagen polo had left one vehicle wedged in a hedge.
Police closed the road while fire crews removed the roof of the wedged car to remove a casualty.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Ford Focus was taken to hospital with neck and chest pains, and the other driver suffered minor injuries.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 6 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia