Drink driver did not realise she was over limit
- Credit: Archant
Young Braunton woman hit with 12 month driving ban after pleading guilty to drink driving.
A YOUNG woman did not realise she was over the drink drive limit when she drove after drinking four Coronas, North Devon Magistrates’ Court heard on Friday.
Tia Hubbard, 19, of Sings Lane, Braunton, was stopped by police at around 1.15am on Sunday, December 1 when they noticed she had a headlight out.
But officers smelt alcohol on her breath and after a positive roadside breath test, she was taken to custody where she was found to be just over the legal limit.
Jen Law, defending, said Hubbard had driven her friend home after the group of friends had been out for a meal and an argument broke out between three of the men.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “She thought because she hadn’t drunk for a while and had eaten she would be fine.
“There was nothing to suggest bad driving – officers had pulled her over because of a defective headlight.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 8 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
Magistrates’ heard Hubbard, who pleaded guilty to the offence of drink driving, was saving up to go and work at Camp America over the summer.
They banned her from driving for 12 months and fined her £225 plus a victim surcharge of £22 and costs of £85.