Dream catwalk wedding for Barnstaple couple
CHILDHOOD sweethearts from Barnstaple have celebrated their wedding in front of thousands of people on the catwalk at Birmingham s NEC. Shirley Barton and Luke Parkhouse were formally married surrounded by friends and family on October 10; but later that
CHILDHOOD sweethearts from Barnstaple have celebrated their wedding in front of thousands of people on the catwalk at Birmingham's NEC.
Shirley Barton and Luke Parkhouse were formally married surrounded by friends and family on October 10; but later that day the couple took centre stage at a star-studded blessing at the National Wedding Show.
The couple won their dream wedding package in a national competition, with every aspect of the day, from wedding rings and cake to flowers and photography, catered for courtesy of the event organisers.
Shirley and bridesmaids - five-year-old daughter Sinead and cousin Alleska, seven - were pampered and preened by a team of celebrity stylists before being whisked away to the fairytale Nailcote Hall for the formal ceremony in a Beaufort vintage car.
You may also want to watch:
The groom also arrived at the ceremony in style, in a Jaguar, accompanied by son, Blake who was celebrating his second birthday the same day.
After the formalities the couple and guests made their way to the NEC for a private wedding breakfast in preparation for their big moment, where the wedding blessing was introduced live on stage by television personalities Jackie and Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
The Reverend Jan Harney led the crowd in prayers for the couple.
"It's been an amazing day, I have felt like a celebrity and it couldn't have been better," said Shirley, who wore a stunning bead-encrusted Benjamin Roberts dress and sparkling Rachel Simpson shoes.
The couple returned to Nailcote Hall for an intimate reception before jetting off on honeymoon to Le Victoria resort in Mauritius.