Dream catwalk wedding for Barnstaple couple
CHILDHOOD sweethearts from Barnstaple have celebrated their wedding in front of thousands of people on the catwalk at Birmingham s NEC. Shirley Barton and Luke Parkhouse were formally married surrounded by friends and family on October 10; but later that
CHILDHOOD sweethearts from Barnstaple have celebrated their wedding in front of thousands of people on the catwalk at Birmingham's NEC.
Shirley Barton and Luke Parkhouse were formally married surrounded by friends and family on October 10; but later that day the couple took centre stage at a star-studded blessing at the National Wedding Show.
The couple won their dream wedding package in a national competition, with every aspect of the day, from wedding rings and cake to flowers and photography, catered for courtesy of the event organisers.
Shirley and bridesmaids - five-year-old daughter Sinead and cousin Alleska, seven - were pampered and preened by a team of celebrity stylists before being whisked away to the fairytale Nailcote Hall for the formal ceremony in a Beaufort vintage car.
You may also want to watch:
The groom also arrived at the ceremony in style, in a Jaguar, accompanied by son, Blake who was celebrating his second birthday the same day.
After the formalities the couple and guests made their way to the NEC for a private wedding breakfast in preparation for their big moment, where the wedding blessing was introduced live on stage by television personalities Jackie and Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
The Reverend Jan Harney led the crowd in prayers for the couple.
"It's been an amazing day, I have felt like a celebrity and it couldn't have been better," said Shirley, who wore a stunning bead-encrusted Benjamin Roberts dress and sparkling Rachel Simpson shoes.
The couple returned to Nailcote Hall for an intimate reception before jetting off on honeymoon to Le Victoria resort in Mauritius.