Drainage work on North Devon Link Road
DRAIN clearance will be carried out on the North Devon Link Road from next Monday . The work to clear the French filter drains that run along the edge of the A361, will be undertaken on a 7km stretch from the Landkey Junction to Heddon Cross (West Buckla
DRAIN clearance will be carried out on the North Devon Link Road from next Monday .
The work to clear the French filter drains that run along the edge of the A361, will be undertaken on a 7km stretch from the Landkey Junction to Heddon Cross (West Buckland Junction).
Councillor Stuart Hughes, Devon County Council Cabinet Member for Highways and Transportation said: "Although the drainage system is efficient in carrying away surface water, and has worked well for the past 20 years, it can clog over time and this scheme is important in maintaining road safety."
A specialist filter drain recycling machine will be used to clean the filter stone and then deposit it back in the drain. All the fine grit, dirt, grass and weeds will be separated and taken away. This minimises lorry movements and waste and reduces cost. The �97,000 cost of the work is coming from the Government grant to the County Council for upkeep of the Link Road.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic disruption will be minimised by carrying out the work using temporary traffic lights between the hours of 7pm and 7am. Contractor South West Highways Ltd will be in charge of the traffic management.
- 1 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 2 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 3 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 4 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 5 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 6 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 7 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 8 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 9 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 10 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon