Double shout for Appledore RNLI
- Credit: Archant
Two boats rescued in nine-hour shout.
APPLEDORE Lifeboat crews successfully dealt with two stricken boats during a nine-hour double rescue.
The emergency shout on Sunday, October 6 began at 10.15am with an SOS from the Lundy Castaway which was talking on water half-way to Lundy.
After helping stem the water, the boat was eventually towed safely back over Bideford Bar after a stop-over in Lundy to wait for the tides to turn.
After refuelling, the seven RNLI crew members were then called to assist 14ft dory, Morning Glory, which had broken down by Crow Point.
You may also want to watch:
They managed to restart the engine and returned to station at 7.15pm.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 9 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail