Double rescue shout for emergency services
Fire, police, paramedics and lifeboat crews scrambled for incidents in Bideford and Westward Ho!
A YOUNG woman has been rescued from a blazing flat above shops in Westward Ho! tonight (Wednesday).
Firefighters from Appledore and Bideford helped free the woman, believed to have been trapped by a fire in the doorway of a property in Nelson Terrace.
Crews extinguished the fire and rescued the casualty shortly after 7.15pm.
Police and paramedics were also on the scene but the injuries are not thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile tonight, Appledore lifeboat crews were launched to reports of a person in the water off Bideford quay.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
The Atlantic 75 was first on scene shortly followed by the boarding boat. The A-75 recovered the casualty, who was handed over to paramedics on the quay.
Check back for more details as soon as we have them.