Double rescue shout for emergency services
Fire, police, paramedics and lifeboat crews scrambled for incidents in Bideford and Westward Ho!
A YOUNG woman has been rescued from a blazing flat above shops in Westward Ho! tonight (Wednesday).
Firefighters from Appledore and Bideford helped free the woman, believed to have been trapped by a fire in the doorway of a property in Nelson Terrace.
Crews extinguished the fire and rescued the casualty shortly after 7.15pm.
Police and paramedics were also on the scene but the injuries are not thought to be serious.
Meanwhile tonight, Appledore lifeboat crews were launched to reports of a person in the water off Bideford quay.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 8 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
The Atlantic 75 was first on scene shortly followed by the boarding boat. The A-75 recovered the casualty, who was handed over to paramedics on the quay.
Check back for more details as soon as we have them.