Double helping of Oggle at Bideford Folk Festival
THE Oggle Band will be playing twice next week as part of Bideford Folk Festival. On Wednesday (August 12) the popular local group will be playing a concert set at the Blacksmith s Arms, East-the-Water, with a repertoire fusing traditional music with elem
THE Oggle Band will be playing twice next week as part of Bideford Folk Festival.
On Wednesday (August 12) the popular local group will be playing a concert set at the Blacksmith's Arms, East-the-Water, with a repertoire fusing traditional music with elements of rock, jazz and world influences. The five piece, multi-instrumental line up creates a rich and varied sound, ranging from soft melodic numbers to lively jigs, reels and other high energy tunes and songs.
The band has also established a reputation as a lively and entertaining ceilidh band, which will be in evidence on the evening of Friday, August 14 when they are holding a Ceilidh at Kingsley School.
Both events are open to all and to find out more or for more folk festival information, call (01237) 470792 or 07964 152960. Alternatively, visit www. bidefordfolkfestival.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
n THE Oggle Band, appearing during Bideford Folk Festival this week.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land