Double helping of Oggle at Bideford Folk Festival
THE Oggle Band will be playing twice next week as part of Bideford Folk Festival. On Wednesday (August 12) the popular local group will be playing a concert set at the Blacksmith s Arms, East-the-Water, with a repertoire fusing traditional music with elem
THE Oggle Band will be playing twice next week as part of Bideford Folk Festival.
On Wednesday (August 12) the popular local group will be playing a concert set at the Blacksmith's Arms, East-the-Water, with a repertoire fusing traditional music with elements of rock, jazz and world influences. The five piece, multi-instrumental line up creates a rich and varied sound, ranging from soft melodic numbers to lively jigs, reels and other high energy tunes and songs.
The band has also established a reputation as a lively and entertaining ceilidh band, which will be in evidence on the evening of Friday, August 14 when they are holding a Ceilidh at Kingsley School.
Both events are open to all and to find out more or for more folk festival information, call (01237) 470792 or 07964 152960. Alternatively, visit www. bidefordfolkfestival.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
n THE Oggle Band, appearing during Bideford Folk Festival this week.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand