Donation for new shed
A donation from Tesco Bideford has helped towards fundraising targets for a new shed
THE POLLYFIELD Allotment Association is well on the way to achieving its fundraising target for a new shed.
A �200 donation from Tesco has helped towards the target of �700, which will be used to build a large shed on the Pollyfield Allotments.
Sally Mckay-Roper, community champion for Tesco Bideford, said: “The association often invites school children to the allotments to learn about plants and this shed will provide them with an environment to teach them in the event of bad weather.”
The association is hoping that enough money will be raised to build the shed by the spring.
Sally presented to Diane Godfrey-Smith and Don Kersey from the Pollyfield Allotment Association.
Anyone interested in helping raise funds towards the new shed can contact Diane Godfrey-Smith on (01237) 477447.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 8 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas