Donation for new shed
A donation from Tesco Bideford has helped towards fundraising targets for a new shed
THE POLLYFIELD Allotment Association is well on the way to achieving its fundraising target for a new shed.
A �200 donation from Tesco has helped towards the target of �700, which will be used to build a large shed on the Pollyfield Allotments.
Sally Mckay-Roper, community champion for Tesco Bideford, said: “The association often invites school children to the allotments to learn about plants and this shed will provide them with an environment to teach them in the event of bad weather.”
The association is hoping that enough money will be raised to build the shed by the spring.
You may also want to watch:
Sally presented to Diane Godfrey-Smith and Don Kersey from the Pollyfield Allotment Association.
Anyone interested in helping raise funds towards the new shed can contact Diane Godfrey-Smith on (01237) 477447.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon