Donation for new shed
A donation from Tesco Bideford has helped towards fundraising targets for a new shed
THE POLLYFIELD Allotment Association is well on the way to achieving its fundraising target for a new shed.
A �200 donation from Tesco has helped towards the target of �700, which will be used to build a large shed on the Pollyfield Allotments.
Sally Mckay-Roper, community champion for Tesco Bideford, said: “The association often invites school children to the allotments to learn about plants and this shed will provide them with an environment to teach them in the event of bad weather.”
The association is hoping that enough money will be raised to build the shed by the spring.
You may also want to watch:
Sally presented to Diane Godfrey-Smith and Don Kersey from the Pollyfield Allotment Association.
Anyone interested in helping raise funds towards the new shed can contact Diane Godfrey-Smith on (01237) 477447.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 7 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon