Donate a pound for cancer charities – and win a �100 M&S food hamper
Reader offer to help Barnstaple store to hit fund-raising target
NORTH Devon Gazette readers are being invited to pledge a pound – and help Barnstaple’s Marks and Spencer store raise �5,000 for three cancer charities in just three days.
The High Street store is hoping to do its bit as part of a national effort to raise �1million for Breakthrough Breast Cancer, Action Cancer and The Marie Keating Foundation.
From Thursday to Saturday, M&S shops up and down the county are holding their own events, while 35 members of the firm’s retail leadership team will be taking on the Five Peaks Challenge, hoping to conquer the highest peaks in Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland in just 48 hours.
In Barnstaple, Gazette readers pledging a pound will be entered into a draw to win a food hamper worth �100.
You may also want to watch:
Simply cut out the coupon below and take it along to the store when you make a �1 donation on any of the three days.
Barnstaple store manager Kate Sharp said the store usually saw an average of 16,000 customers on a Thursday and Friday combined, and a further 7,000 on a Saturday.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
She said: “If everyone who visits the store donates �1 we could smash our individual target.
“More than 400,000 people are diagnosed with cancer every year. Very few of us will not come into contact with the disease at some point in our lives, either ourselves or through a family member or friend, so please support such a worthwhile appeal.”
The Barnstaple M&S store, which announced last week that it had chosen the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal as its local charity for the year, said it would be holding similar fund-raisers for the hospital appeal later in the year.
Readers can find out more about the Marks and Spencer Five Peaks Challenge by visiting the Just Giving website, http://www.justgiving.com/teams/5peakschallenge/