Don’t want a deckchair? How about a surfboard?
Following the response to the deckchair proposal, a North Devon businessman has thought up a new idea for the Heywood roundabout.
AFTER a mixed response to his deckchair proposal for the Heywood Roundabout, a North Devon businessman has come up with a new alternative.
Rob Braddick, of Braddicks Leisure, said due to the response on social media to the deckchair idea, he is now proposing to install a 42ft surfboard on the busy roundabout.
The surfboard would be 2ft taller than the current world record holder in Australia.
Mr Braddick said: “I think people were a bit split over the idea of a giant deckchair, and I think this would be a lot safer and great for Westward Ho!
You may also want to watch:
“We could sit it in a pile of sand or some pebbles and it would look great.”
In a poll on the Gazette website, it was a close call with 49 per cent of readers woting no to the deck chair and 41 per cent in favour.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
Mr Braddick’s previous idea was to erect an eight-metre deckchair on the roundabout, known as the gateway to Northam and Bideford.
He added: “People just drive straight past Westward Ho! and this could help put it on the map.”
* What do you think of Mr Braddick’s surfboard idea? Take part in our poll or write to us with your opinions at firstname.lastname@example.org or North Devon Gazette, Unit 3, Old Station Road, Barnstaple, EX32 8PB.