Don’t want a deckchair? How about a surfboard?
Following the response to the deckchair proposal, a North Devon businessman has thought up a new idea for the Heywood roundabout.
AFTER a mixed response to his deckchair proposal for the Heywood Roundabout, a North Devon businessman has come up with a new alternative.
Rob Braddick, of Braddicks Leisure, said due to the response on social media to the deckchair idea, he is now proposing to install a 42ft surfboard on the busy roundabout.
The surfboard would be 2ft taller than the current world record holder in Australia.
Mr Braddick said: “I think people were a bit split over the idea of a giant deckchair, and I think this would be a lot safer and great for Westward Ho!
You may also want to watch:
“We could sit it in a pile of sand or some pebbles and it would look great.”
In a poll on the Gazette website, it was a close call with 49 per cent of readers woting no to the deck chair and 41 per cent in favour.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
Mr Braddick’s previous idea was to erect an eight-metre deckchair on the roundabout, known as the gateway to Northam and Bideford.
He added: “People just drive straight past Westward Ho! and this could help put it on the map.”
* What do you think of Mr Braddick’s surfboard idea? Take part in our poll or write to us with your opinions at email@example.com or North Devon Gazette, Unit 3, Old Station Road, Barnstaple, EX32 8PB.