Don't smoke at paddling pool
SIR - As we know, smoking is currently banned in public places. I m wondering if anyone else agrees that this should also apply to the paddling pool area in Victoria Park, Bideford. I often visit the pool here, but am becoming increasingly fed up with th
SIR - As we know, smoking is currently banned in public places. I'm wondering if anyone else agrees that this should also apply to the paddling pool area in Victoria Park, Bideford.
I often visit the pool here, but am becoming increasingly fed up with the number of smokers in this area which is supposedly for children.
I have also often noticed adults smoking in the children's playground, too. I would like to see some visible No Smoking signs within these areas.
It's not too much to ask - yes they are outdoor areas, but surely our children shouldn't be subjected to the sight and smell of this horrid habit in areas specifically designated as their play areas.
You may also want to watch:
Fox Seven, Bideford.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Covid-19 measures in Devon care homes to continue