Don't smoke at paddling pool
SIR - As we know, smoking is currently banned in public places. I m wondering if anyone else agrees that this should also apply to the paddling pool area in Victoria Park, Bideford. I often visit the pool here, but am becoming increasingly fed up with th
SIR - As we know, smoking is currently banned in public places. I'm wondering if anyone else agrees that this should also apply to the paddling pool area in Victoria Park, Bideford.
I often visit the pool here, but am becoming increasingly fed up with the number of smokers in this area which is supposedly for children.
I have also often noticed adults smoking in the children's playground, too. I would like to see some visible No Smoking signs within these areas.
It's not too much to ask - yes they are outdoor areas, but surely our children shouldn't be subjected to the sight and smell of this horrid habit in areas specifically designated as their play areas.
You may also want to watch:
Fox Seven, Bideford.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 4 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Take on an Incredible Hike for Children’s Hospice South West