Don't smoke at paddling pool
SIR - As we know, smoking is currently banned in public places. I m wondering if anyone else agrees that this should also apply to the paddling pool area in Victoria Park, Bideford. I often visit the pool here, but am becoming increasingly fed up with th
SIR - As we know, smoking is currently banned in public places. I'm wondering if anyone else agrees that this should also apply to the paddling pool area in Victoria Park, Bideford.
I often visit the pool here, but am becoming increasingly fed up with the number of smokers in this area which is supposedly for children.
I have also often noticed adults smoking in the children's playground, too. I would like to see some visible No Smoking signs within these areas.
It's not too much to ask - yes they are outdoor areas, but surely our children shouldn't be subjected to the sight and smell of this horrid habit in areas specifically designated as their play areas.
You may also want to watch:
Fox Seven, Bideford.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink