Dogs rescued from Ilfracombe house fire

NDG-FIRE-ENGINE-LEAVING-BASE

- Credit: Archant

Fire fighters rescued the dogs from the property while extinguishing a fire in the kitchen.

TWO dogs were rescued from a house in Ilfracombe on Friday lunchtime after a kitchen fire broke out.

Fire crews from the town attended the two-storey property in Chichester Close shortly before 1pm after reports of an alarm sounding.

The caller stated they could smell burning and crews discovered a small fire in the kitchen.

Two dogs were retrieved from the house by fire fighters and were unharmed.


You may also want to watch:


Crews extinguished the blaze using two breathing apparatus wearers, a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter