Dogs rescued from Ilfracombe house fire
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters rescued the dogs from the property while extinguishing a fire in the kitchen.
TWO dogs were rescued from a house in Ilfracombe on Friday lunchtime after a kitchen fire broke out.
Fire crews from the town attended the two-storey property in Chichester Close shortly before 1pm after reports of an alarm sounding.
The caller stated they could smell burning and crews discovered a small fire in the kitchen.
Two dogs were retrieved from the house by fire fighters and were unharmed.
You may also want to watch:
Crews extinguished the blaze using two breathing apparatus wearers, a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes