Dogs on beach
SIR - Perhaps someone can enlighten me on whose responsibility it is to enforce the banning of dogs on the beach during the summer months?
I was at Westward Ho! last Sunday - a gloriously hot day and the beach was pretty busy with lots of people with young children enjoying the sun and surf.
There were also lots of people with dogs on the beach,many off leads.
Now I am a dog lover myself, but when I see dogs running loose near toddlers (three being Staffies),it does worry me a little. If dogs are not supposed to be on the beach, why is someone not doing something about it?
I was at Saunton Sands a few weeks ago when a young man with two children reprimanded a middle aged couple whose three collies ran snuffling into one of the child’s pushchairs.I am not a killjoy,but small children and loose dogs do not mix.Do we have to wait for a child to be bitten or worse before any action is taken ?
R Price, Bideford.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity