Dogs on beach
SIR - Perhaps someone can enlighten me on whose responsibility it is to enforce the banning of dogs on the beach during the summer months?
I was at Westward Ho! last Sunday - a gloriously hot day and the beach was pretty busy with lots of people with young children enjoying the sun and surf.
There were also lots of people with dogs on the beach,many off leads.
Now I am a dog lover myself, but when I see dogs running loose near toddlers (three being Staffies),it does worry me a little. If dogs are not supposed to be on the beach, why is someone not doing something about it?
I was at Saunton Sands a few weeks ago when a young man with two children reprimanded a middle aged couple whose three collies ran snuffling into one of the child’s pushchairs.I am not a killjoy,but small children and loose dogs do not mix.Do we have to wait for a child to be bitten or worse before any action is taken ?
You may also want to watch:
R Price, Bideford.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted