Dogs on beach
SIR - Perhaps someone can enlighten me on whose responsibility it is to enforce the banning of dogs on the beach during the summer months?
I was at Westward Ho! last Sunday - a gloriously hot day and the beach was pretty busy with lots of people with young children enjoying the sun and surf.
There were also lots of people with dogs on the beach,many off leads.
Now I am a dog lover myself, but when I see dogs running loose near toddlers (three being Staffies),it does worry me a little. If dogs are not supposed to be on the beach, why is someone not doing something about it?
I was at Saunton Sands a few weeks ago when a young man with two children reprimanded a middle aged couple whose three collies ran snuffling into one of the child’s pushchairs.I am not a killjoy,but small children and loose dogs do not mix.Do we have to wait for a child to be bitten or worse before any action is taken ?
You may also want to watch:
R Price, Bideford.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened