Doggy selfies are the new canine Facebook craze
- Credit: Archant
North Devon’s K9 Focus invites dog owners to post ‘selfies’ of their pooch and raise money for the rescue charity.
THE craze for ‘selfies’ is now running wild in the canine world with cyber-savvy pooch pictures being posted online to raise money for North Devon dog rescue charity K9 Focus.
With ‘no makeup selfies’ flying around Facebook as people pledge £3 for cancer research after posting up their own photograph, K9 Focus decided to join the fun.
Dog owners are being invited to put their doggy selfies on the K9 Focus Facebook page and donate £3 to the charity, which is run entirely by volunteers and ensures rescue dogs go on to loving new homes.
Since the scheme began on Sunday 50 pictures have been received, from North Devon and across the UK, and as far afield as Scotland and France.
You may also want to watch:
Posters are also invited to ‘dognominate’ other dog loving family and friends to do the same.
Pictures can be posted on the K9 Focus Facebook page and people can donate by texting 70070 and typing PUDS14 plus the amount they wish to donate. There is also a link via www.k9focus.co.uk
* FOR more dog selfie pictures, click here
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 8 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 9 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 10 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store