Dogged by mess!
- Credit: Archant
I am writing as a visitor to Ilfracombe. My son and partner have just moved here and my husband and I had great pleasure in visiting them at home and enjoying all that Ilfracombe has to offer.
Wonderful walks, small beaches, breathtaking views and local shops and cafes with a warm welcome within (special mention to Dolly’s and The Periwinkle Wool Shop, also Cotton Trees children’s clothes shop).
However, what a great shame walking around the High Street and side roads – the big problem of dog mess!
It seems the same dog and owner in the same place at the same time of day are fouling the pavements and instead of looking at the view I have to look down and tread carefully.
Come on, all you locals – be proud of your town. Continue to welcome tourists and regular visitors (which we hope to be).
You may also want to watch:
Ilfracombe needs us all, dogs as well, but clean up their mess, please.
C Tettersell (Mrs)
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's