Dogged by mess!
- Credit: Archant
I am writing as a visitor to Ilfracombe. My son and partner have just moved here and my husband and I had great pleasure in visiting them at home and enjoying all that Ilfracombe has to offer.
Wonderful walks, small beaches, breathtaking views and local shops and cafes with a warm welcome within (special mention to Dolly’s and The Periwinkle Wool Shop, also Cotton Trees children’s clothes shop).
However, what a great shame walking around the High Street and side roads – the big problem of dog mess!
It seems the same dog and owner in the same place at the same time of day are fouling the pavements and instead of looking at the view I have to look down and tread carefully.
Come on, all you locals – be proud of your town. Continue to welcome tourists and regular visitors (which we hope to be).
You may also want to watch:
Ilfracombe needs us all, dogs as well, but clean up their mess, please.
C Tettersell (Mrs)
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up