Dog charity sets tails wagging
- Credit: Archant
North Devon’s K9 Focus charity has successful start to year.
NORTH Devon based dog rehoming charity K9 Focus has reported a great start to the year, after saying happy goodbyes to 18 wagging tails.
Among the dogs that have gone to new homes was Ronnie the gentle lurcher, followed by four Rotweiler cross puppies and Poppy, the cute border collie who was frightened of her own shadow.
Homes have been found as close as Torrington and as far afield as Southampton.
German shepherd cross Tiggy has landed firmly on all four paws after finding a permanent home with K9 Focus volunteer fosterer Shelley Buswell and her family.
Tiggy had come from a local authority pound, where she was scheduled to be put to sleep as no one had claimed her.
When she arrived at the Buswell house for fostering, as she didn’t cope well with kennels, the whole family fell in love with her and decided they could not bear to be parted.
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 3 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 4 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 5 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 6 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 7 How your legacy can make a difference to our future
- 8 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 9 2021 was breakthrough year for Cancer and Wellbeing Fern Centre
- 10 Prize photography competition open for entries
“Its such a worth while thing to do, we can really help dogs readjust to family life and help prepare them for a permanent home,” said full time mum of three Shelley.
“My children are learning about compassion, respect and understanding towards animals and its so lovely to see the dogs settled in their new homes and for my family to have been part of the process that made it happen.”
K9 Focus founder Lynne Hall added: “Historically January and February are very quiet months for re-homing but to see so many dogs leave for good and loving homes makes all the hard work worthwhile.
“We are very grateful to the kind hearted people of North Devon for taking our dogs into their homes and their hearts.”
To find out more about the many dogs who still need a loving new home, contact Lynne on 07971 461806 or visit www.k9focus.co.uk