Dog and sheep rescued from River Lyn
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews called out to rescue Jack Russell dog and sheep stuck at Watersmeet.
A DOG and a sheep were rescued after becoming stuck in the river at Watersmeet in Lynmouth on Boxing Day (Thurs).
When crews arrived at around 10.20am, they found a Jack Russell stuck on a rock approximately 10 metres above the river Lyn.
The sheer was in the river lower down stream.
By 11.40am, the dog managed to escape the rock and crews were still navigating the rescue of the sheep using water safety equipment.
You may also want to watch:
The sheep was rescued after a two-hour effort by crews.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment