Doctors show some top lip for Movember campaign
Brannams GPs join the mass ranks of moustachioed men
MALE doctors at a Barnstaple surgery have shown some terrific top lip in aid of a men’s health charity campaign.
Eight GPs at Brannam Medical Centre joined thousands of men around the world growing moustaches as part of the annual Movember fund-raiser.
Under the rules of the challenge, men must start with a clean shaven face on November 1 and groom their efforts during the course of the month.
A record number of participants have taken part in this year’s event, held annually since 2004 by the Movember Foundation, whose goal is to increase early cancer detection in men.
You may also want to watch:
The Brannams team chose to back the campaign as it supports and raises awareness of prostate cancer and testicular cancer, and encourages men to visit their doctor for a check up.
A spokesperson at the surgery said the doctors’ stunt had raised �250 and counting.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 7 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 8 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
“They have had to put up with odd looks from patients, laughter from the supportive staff and a few less kisses from their better halves,” said practice administrator Yovana Royle.
“The surgery would like to thank patients for their support of this campaign. If any would still like to contribute to the great cause they can visit our website at www.brannammedicalcentre.co.uk”
For more pictures of North Devon’s Movember efforts, click on the Hall of Fame gallery at the top right of this page.