Doctors show some top lip for Movember campaign
Brannams GPs join the mass ranks of moustachioed men
MALE doctors at a Barnstaple surgery have shown some terrific top lip in aid of a men’s health charity campaign.
Eight GPs at Brannam Medical Centre joined thousands of men around the world growing moustaches as part of the annual Movember fund-raiser.
Under the rules of the challenge, men must start with a clean shaven face on November 1 and groom their efforts during the course of the month.
A record number of participants have taken part in this year’s event, held annually since 2004 by the Movember Foundation, whose goal is to increase early cancer detection in men.
You may also want to watch:
The Brannams team chose to back the campaign as it supports and raises awareness of prostate cancer and testicular cancer, and encourages men to visit their doctor for a check up.
A spokesperson at the surgery said the doctors’ stunt had raised �250 and counting.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
“They have had to put up with odd looks from patients, laughter from the supportive staff and a few less kisses from their better halves,” said practice administrator Yovana Royle.
“The surgery would like to thank patients for their support of this campaign. If any would still like to contribute to the great cause they can visit our website at www.brannammedicalcentre.co.uk”
For more pictures of North Devon’s Movember efforts, click on the Hall of Fame gallery at the top right of this page.