Do women know best?
SIR - Do you know that only 12 per cent of all directors in the biggest 100 firms are women? That looks a bit contrived, doesn’t it?
If women were more involved they might have had something to say about the sleight on hand taking place in the banking industry.
By doubling the basic pay for the top investment bankers so as to alleviate any intention politicians might have to attack the bonus system, merely shifts the costs to the bank from one area to another.
There is also the added advantage that if there is a downturn in revenue, which there surely will be with all these outstanding debts, they will have an excuse for reducing the head count. Money matters; people obviously don’t, but I don’t think women look at it in quite the same way.
S M Nutton,
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes