Do women know best?
SIR - Do you know that only 12 per cent of all directors in the biggest 100 firms are women? That looks a bit contrived, doesn’t it?
If women were more involved they might have had something to say about the sleight on hand taking place in the banking industry.
By doubling the basic pay for the top investment bankers so as to alleviate any intention politicians might have to attack the bonus system, merely shifts the costs to the bank from one area to another.
There is also the added advantage that if there is a downturn in revenue, which there surely will be with all these outstanding debts, they will have an excuse for reducing the head count. Money matters; people obviously don’t, but I don’t think women look at it in quite the same way.
S M Nutton,
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 5 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 8 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 9 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 10 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford