Divorcee wakes to find Bideford teenager in her bed, court told
A divorced mother of two who woke to find a teenager in her bed at four in the morning denied she had told him: Come up and see me. Exeter Crown Court heard that 18-year-old Cyril Jury told police that the woman had always flirted with him and had tol
A divorced mother of two who woke to find a teenager in her bed at four in the morning denied she had told him: "Come up and see me."
Exeter Crown Court heard that 18-year-old Cyril Jury told police that the woman had 'always flirted with him' and had told him two weeks before the incident 'if you don't pull one night come up and see me.'
Prosecutor David Sapiecha said Jury admitted that he had been in the woman's bed at her home in Bideford and described his behaviour and explanation as 'extremely bizarre.'
He said the victim had gone to bed just before midnight and woke to find Jury lying next to her with his cold hand under the duvet and on her private parts. When she expressed shock and concern he fled from the house and she immediately called a neighbour who came round to comfort her.
You may also want to watch:
The police were informed and Jury was arrested the same day. It was then he gave the odd explanation for what he had been doing. He said he never put his hand under the duvet but had it on the victim's side outside the cover. He also told interviewing officers that he had never had any affection for the woman, there was no intimate history between them and he did not even fancy her.
"The prosecution say that his behaviour was sinister and was a concerted effort to be there for a sexual reason," said Mr Sapiecha.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
Jury from Bideford has pleaded not guilty to trespass with intent to commit a sexual offence and has also denied a second charge of sexual assault on the women in March this year.
The trial continues.