District Council backing for new Landkey goalposts
- Credit: Archant
Landkey FC to receive almost £2,000 in NDC Section 106 funds
Landkey Football Club will receive almost £2,000 to help improve its facilities.
At a North Devon Council meeting today (Tuesday), Executive members agreed to release £1,800 of Section 106 funds – money paid to the council by developers as part of the conditions of planning applications - to replace the club’s goal posts.
Local ward member, Councillor David Luggar, said: “Landkey Football Club is focused on developing skills of young footballers and to see this money spent to enhance the football pitch is welcome news.
“The release of the Section 106 money to purchase goal posts for Landkey Football Club is a bonus for the whole community. The football pitch is a well used village facility and I’m delighted to fully support the club.”
You may also want to watch:
The new posts will cost just over £2,000, with the club putting £240 towards to project.
Executive Member for Parks, Leisure and Culture, Councillor Derrick Spear, said: “These facilities are of great importance to the local community and they are used by junior and adult clubs, as well as the local school. This is just the sort of project that Section 106 money should be used for.”
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple