District Council backing for new Landkey goalposts
- Credit: Archant
Landkey FC to receive almost £2,000 in NDC Section 106 funds
Landkey Football Club will receive almost £2,000 to help improve its facilities.
At a North Devon Council meeting today (Tuesday), Executive members agreed to release £1,800 of Section 106 funds – money paid to the council by developers as part of the conditions of planning applications - to replace the club’s goal posts.
Local ward member, Councillor David Luggar, said: “Landkey Football Club is focused on developing skills of young footballers and to see this money spent to enhance the football pitch is welcome news.
“The release of the Section 106 money to purchase goal posts for Landkey Football Club is a bonus for the whole community. The football pitch is a well used village facility and I’m delighted to fully support the club.”
You may also want to watch:
The new posts will cost just over £2,000, with the club putting £240 towards to project.
Executive Member for Parks, Leisure and Culture, Councillor Derrick Spear, said: “These facilities are of great importance to the local community and they are used by junior and adult clubs, as well as the local school. This is just the sort of project that Section 106 money should be used for.”
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 9 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia