Discover the delights of North Devon on new walking festival
A SERIES of more than 30 guided walks and special outings are being organised for new walking festival, taking place this September. The first ever four-day North Devon & Exmoor Autumn Walking Festival will cater for most levels of ability and give people
A SERIES of more than 30 guided walks and special outings are being organised for new walking festival, taking place this September.
The first ever four-day North Devon & Exmoor Autumn Walking Festival will cater for most levels of ability and give people the chance to discover the region's beautiful and diverse scenery on foot.
Highlights will include a fungi forage and deer search walks with an Exmoor National Park ranger, as well as special outings within the North Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty to mark their 50th anniversary year.
Sir Hugh Stuckley will guide a group around the Hartland Abbey estate and Blackpool Mill Cottage, which was used in the BBC adaptation of Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility.
You may also want to watch:
The event, from September 18 to 21, is being organised by West Country Walks and supported by Active Exmoor.
A spokesperson said: "Exmoor is particularly beautiful at this time of year when there's still a chance to catch some warm sunshine and the leaves start taking on the golds and russets of autumn."
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
The majority of walks are priced from �5 - �6 for adults and �4 - �5 for children. All have a ticket allocation and should be booked in advance; dogs on a lead are welcome on some walks. Reservations can be made online at www.walkingnorthdevon.co.uk or by telephoning Ilfracombe Tourist Information Centre on (01271) 863001.