Disco held in memory of young man killed in car accident
- Credit: Archant
The event in South Molton will raise money for a new charity set up in memory of Paul Bovey.
THE mother of a young man who died in a car accident last year is holding a Tarts and Pimps disco for a charity set up in his memory.
Jackie Brealy, from Denbury, set up the charitable organisation PAULY Stay Safe in memory of her son Paul Bovey, who lived in South Molton.
Paul died on October 12 last year along with his friend Martyn Windsor, 25, when their car plunged into the flooded River Mole.
The disco on April 20 at North Molton sports club will raise money for PAULY Stay Safe to help young people pay for a Pass Plus driving test.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be held from 9pm until 1am, and tickets cost £8 which includes a show by Pauly’s Mooovers, a comedy dance group made up by Jackie and her friends.
Mrs Brealy said: “All I have left of Paul is the replica of his tattoo on my back and a heart full of memories.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
“I’ve lost my son and I can’t get him back, but I hope I can save another mother going through what I am going through now.
“The hall has been kindly donated to us for the night and all that are helping have donated their time free of charge, including the DJ Scotty Hartfield.”
For more information on the Tarts and Pimps disco, to reserve tickets of for more information on future fundraising events visit www.paulystaysafe.com or Pauly Stay Safe on Facebook.