Discarded cigarette sets fire to shop windowsill

NDG-FIRE-ENGINE-LEAVING-BASE

- Credit: Archant

Wooden windowsill in Barnstaple High Street caught fire accidentally this afternoon.

A DISCARDED cigarette set fire to a wooden windowsill at Co-Op in Barnstaple High Street this afternoon (Fri).

A fire crew from Barnstaple were called to reports of a fire involving British Telecom street furniture at around 3.40pm.

On arrival, the found the fire was out on arrival and had been caused by the cigarette accidentally.

Fire crews inspected the property to make sure it was safe and a British Telecom engineer, who was already at the scene, confirmed no fire damage to its street furniture.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter