Digital switchover is complete
SIR - Digital TV switchover in the West Country is now complete. The old analogue TV system has been turned off in Devon, Cornwall, the Isles of Scilly and parts of Somerset and Dorset. More than 840,000 homes in the region are watching some form of mult
SIR - Digital TV switchover in the West Country is now complete. The old analogue TV system has been turned off in Devon, Cornwall, the Isles of Scilly and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
More than 840,000 homes in the region are watching some form of multi-channel digital television.
I'm delighted to say that almost everyone coped with these historic changes without any great difficulty.
But if you still need help with reception problems or with setting up or using digital equipment, then please get in touch with Digital UK. You can visit our website at digitaluk.co.uk or call the helpline on 08456 50 50 50.
You may also want to watch:
The Switchover Help Scheme in West Country is still open for applications. If you are 75 or over or qualify for certain disability benefits, you can apply until Friday, October 9. Contact the Help Scheme on 0800 40 85 900 or visit helpscheme.co.uk
So many people helped others make the transition to digital, including local authorities, switchover support group members, housing organisations, local retailers and installers - not to mention that huge army of good neighbours and volunteers. Age Concern, the Plymouth Guild of Voluntary Services and the WRVS also played a key role. My thanks go to everybody. It really was a community effort.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
Finally, please remember that all Freeview, BT Vision and Top-Up TV boxes, Freeview+ TV recorders and digital TVs will need to be retuned on or after Wednesday 30 September. This is to allow for a series of improvements to the Freeview service.
South West Regional Manager, Digital UK