Digital switchover is complete
SIR - Digital TV switchover in the West Country is now complete. The old analogue TV system has been turned off in Devon, Cornwall, the Isles of Scilly and parts of Somerset and Dorset. More than 840,000 homes in the region are watching some form of mult
SIR - Digital TV switchover in the West Country is now complete. The old analogue TV system has been turned off in Devon, Cornwall, the Isles of Scilly and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
More than 840,000 homes in the region are watching some form of multi-channel digital television.
I'm delighted to say that almost everyone coped with these historic changes without any great difficulty.
But if you still need help with reception problems or with setting up or using digital equipment, then please get in touch with Digital UK. You can visit our website at digitaluk.co.uk or call the helpline on 08456 50 50 50.
You may also want to watch:
The Switchover Help Scheme in West Country is still open for applications. If you are 75 or over or qualify for certain disability benefits, you can apply until Friday, October 9. Contact the Help Scheme on 0800 40 85 900 or visit helpscheme.co.uk
So many people helped others make the transition to digital, including local authorities, switchover support group members, housing organisations, local retailers and installers - not to mention that huge army of good neighbours and volunteers. Age Concern, the Plymouth Guild of Voluntary Services and the WRVS also played a key role. My thanks go to everybody. It really was a community effort.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
Finally, please remember that all Freeview, BT Vision and Top-Up TV boxes, Freeview+ TV recorders and digital TVs will need to be retuned on or after Wednesday 30 September. This is to allow for a series of improvements to the Freeview service.
South West Regional Manager, Digital UK