Digital radio licence gets North Devon expansion
Successful Ofcom application will enable stations to broadcast on DAB for the first time in North Devon,
AN improved digital radio service is being launched for listeners in North Devon next week.
Exeter and Torbay multiplex licence holder NOW Digital has successfully applied to extend coverage into the region from Monday, February 13.
The new multiplex will enable stations to broadcast on DAB for the first time in North Devon, including Heart Devon, Capital FM, Gold Devon, XFM, and BBC Radio Devon.
Sara Bond, managing director of Heart Devon, said, “We are delighted that we can bring DAB to North Devon.
“We were keen that North Devon wouldn’t be left behind other parts of the UK to be part of radio’s digital future.
“The new local multiplex offers local listeners more choice and is great news for North Devon.”
- 1 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 2 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 3 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 4 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 5 An exciting new era for marine futures in northern Devon
- 6 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 7 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
- 8 New Castle Hill Work Hub launched to support businesses in Torrington
- 9 South West businesses fear HMRC clamp down
- 10 Hospices’ Light Up a Life appeal will support families in grief
The BBC National DAB multiplex is already available in North Devon broadcasting the BBC’s National radio stations.
The new multiplex has spare capacity to broadcast local services to North Devon and any interested local groups should contact Ofcom.
Owners of DAB digital radio sets will need to rescan their radios to pick up the new stations.