Digital radio licence gets North Devon expansion
Successful Ofcom application will enable stations to broadcast on DAB for the first time in North Devon,
AN improved digital radio service is being launched for listeners in North Devon next week.
Exeter and Torbay multiplex licence holder NOW Digital has successfully applied to extend coverage into the region from Monday, February 13.
The new multiplex will enable stations to broadcast on DAB for the first time in North Devon, including Heart Devon, Capital FM, Gold Devon, XFM, and BBC Radio Devon.
Sara Bond, managing director of Heart Devon, said, “We are delighted that we can bring DAB to North Devon.
You may also want to watch:
“We were keen that North Devon wouldn’t be left behind other parts of the UK to be part of radio’s digital future.
“The new local multiplex offers local listeners more choice and is great news for North Devon.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
The BBC National DAB multiplex is already available in North Devon broadcasting the BBC’s National radio stations.
The new multiplex has spare capacity to broadcast local services to North Devon and any interested local groups should contact Ofcom.
Owners of DAB digital radio sets will need to rescan their radios to pick up the new stations.