Dig in at Woolacombe sand sculpture event
THE final call is going out to teams wanting to enter this year s UK National Sandcastle Competition taking place in Woolacombe. The 16th annual event, being held in aid of the North Devon Hospice, is the perfect excuse to evoke childhood memories of buck
THE final call is going out to teams wanting to enter this year's UK National Sandcastle Competition taking place in Woolacombe.
The 16th annual event, being held in aid of the North Devon Hospice, is the perfect excuse to evoke childhood memories of buckets and spades while creating some inspiring sand sculpture ideas that'll topple the competition.
Hospice fundraiser, Emma Lowe said: "We are still welcoming team entries; it's the perfect opportunity for some team building or even some inter-departmental rivalry. "You can choose to make your design as simple or as complicated as you like and wildly creative as there is no theme."
Digging starts at 1pm and teams of up to six will have three hours to dig, carve and sculpt their masterpieces before judging at 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment on the day will be provided by Humdrumconundrum, Samba Sol and local radio DJ James Chapple with his road show.
For the first time ever, the hospice has organised a demonstration of professional sand sculpting by award-winning ice-sculpture artists Articulture, who are looking forward to adapting their skills to the sand. There might also be a couple of extra special surprises on the beach on the day - see next week's Gazette for details.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
For an entry form or for more details, call or email Emma on (01271) 347213, email@example.com or visit www.northdevonhospice.org.uk