Dig in at Woolacombe sand sculpture event
THE final call is going out to teams wanting to enter this year s UK National Sandcastle Competition taking place in Woolacombe. The 16th annual event, being held in aid of the North Devon Hospice, is the perfect excuse to evoke childhood memories of buck
THE final call is going out to teams wanting to enter this year's UK National Sandcastle Competition taking place in Woolacombe.
The 16th annual event, being held in aid of the North Devon Hospice, is the perfect excuse to evoke childhood memories of buckets and spades while creating some inspiring sand sculpture ideas that'll topple the competition.
Hospice fundraiser, Emma Lowe said: "We are still welcoming team entries; it's the perfect opportunity for some team building or even some inter-departmental rivalry. "You can choose to make your design as simple or as complicated as you like and wildly creative as there is no theme."
Digging starts at 1pm and teams of up to six will have three hours to dig, carve and sculpt their masterpieces before judging at 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment on the day will be provided by Humdrumconundrum, Samba Sol and local radio DJ James Chapple with his road show.
For the first time ever, the hospice has organised a demonstration of professional sand sculpting by award-winning ice-sculpture artists Articulture, who are looking forward to adapting their skills to the sand. There might also be a couple of extra special surprises on the beach on the day - see next week's Gazette for details.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
For an entry form or for more details, call or email Emma on (01271) 347213, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.northdevonhospice.org.uk