Dictionaries are off to Uganda
AN Ilfracombe Rotarian is off to Africa to with an armload of dictionaries for Ugandan schoolchildren. Rotarians, on a trip to Africa led by Nigel Vince from Ilfracombe Rotary Club, will be distributing some of the 40 books to schools in the Masindi area
AN Ilfracombe Rotarian is off to Africa to with an armload of dictionaries for Ugandan schoolchildren.
Rotarians, on a trip to Africa led by Nigel Vince from Ilfracombe Rotary Club, will be distributing some of the 40 books to schools in the Masindi area of Northern Uganda whilst distribution of the remainder is being arranged by Barnstaple based charity Amigos International.
The dictionaries have been provided by Bideford Rotary Club with funds raised by Kingsley School in Bideford. It is hoped the gift of dictionaries will lead to the regular exchanges of letters and emails between the schools so that both countries children will learn more of each others cultures.
"It is a great opportunity for schools in Uganda to benefit as any educational books are so highly valued there due to the shortage of supply," said Nigel.
You may also want to watch:
n HENRY Hartley (left) of Bideford Rotary Club handing over the dictionaries to Nigel Vince from the Ilfracombe club.
- 1 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 2 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 3 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 4 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 5 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 6 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 7 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 8 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 9 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 10 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon