Dictionaries are off to Uganda
AN Ilfracombe Rotarian is off to Africa to with an armload of dictionaries for Ugandan schoolchildren. Rotarians, on a trip to Africa led by Nigel Vince from Ilfracombe Rotary Club, will be distributing some of the 40 books to schools in the Masindi area
AN Ilfracombe Rotarian is off to Africa to with an armload of dictionaries for Ugandan schoolchildren.
Rotarians, on a trip to Africa led by Nigel Vince from Ilfracombe Rotary Club, will be distributing some of the 40 books to schools in the Masindi area of Northern Uganda whilst distribution of the remainder is being arranged by Barnstaple based charity Amigos International.
The dictionaries have been provided by Bideford Rotary Club with funds raised by Kingsley School in Bideford. It is hoped the gift of dictionaries will lead to the regular exchanges of letters and emails between the schools so that both countries children will learn more of each others cultures.
"It is a great opportunity for schools in Uganda to benefit as any educational books are so highly valued there due to the shortage of supply," said Nigel.
You may also want to watch:
n HENRY Hartley (left) of Bideford Rotary Club handing over the dictionaries to Nigel Vince from the Ilfracombe club.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 6 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling