Dictionaries are off to Uganda
AN Ilfracombe Rotarian is off to Africa to with an armload of dictionaries for Ugandan schoolchildren. Rotarians, on a trip to Africa led by Nigel Vince from Ilfracombe Rotary Club, will be distributing some of the 40 books to schools in the Masindi area
AN Ilfracombe Rotarian is off to Africa to with an armload of dictionaries for Ugandan schoolchildren.
Rotarians, on a trip to Africa led by Nigel Vince from Ilfracombe Rotary Club, will be distributing some of the 40 books to schools in the Masindi area of Northern Uganda whilst distribution of the remainder is being arranged by Barnstaple based charity Amigos International.
The dictionaries have been provided by Bideford Rotary Club with funds raised by Kingsley School in Bideford. It is hoped the gift of dictionaries will lead to the regular exchanges of letters and emails between the schools so that both countries children will learn more of each others cultures.
"It is a great opportunity for schools in Uganda to benefit as any educational books are so highly valued there due to the shortage of supply," said Nigel.
You may also want to watch:
n HENRY Hartley (left) of Bideford Rotary Club handing over the dictionaries to Nigel Vince from the Ilfracombe club.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 7 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 8 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 9 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 10 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford