Dictionaries are off to Uganda
AN Ilfracombe Rotarian is off to Africa to with an armload of dictionaries for Ugandan schoolchildren. Rotarians, on a trip to Africa led by Nigel Vince from Ilfracombe Rotary Club, will be distributing some of the 40 books to schools in the Masindi area
AN Ilfracombe Rotarian is off to Africa to with an armload of dictionaries for Ugandan schoolchildren.
Rotarians, on a trip to Africa led by Nigel Vince from Ilfracombe Rotary Club, will be distributing some of the 40 books to schools in the Masindi area of Northern Uganda whilst distribution of the remainder is being arranged by Barnstaple based charity Amigos International.
The dictionaries have been provided by Bideford Rotary Club with funds raised by Kingsley School in Bideford. It is hoped the gift of dictionaries will lead to the regular exchanges of letters and emails between the schools so that both countries children will learn more of each others cultures.
"It is a great opportunity for schools in Uganda to benefit as any educational books are so highly valued there due to the shortage of supply," said Nigel.
You may also want to watch:
n HENRY Hartley (left) of Bideford Rotary Club handing over the dictionaries to Nigel Vince from the Ilfracombe club.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 10 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted