Devon people asked for views on rural health
PEOPLE are being asked for their views on Devon s first rural health and wellbeing strategy NHS Devon is seeking the views of people living in rural Devon on how they feel they can best be supported to lead healthy lives and have their health needs met. P
PEOPLE are being asked for their views on Devon's first rural health and wellbeing strategy
NHS Devon is seeking the views of people living in rural Devon on how they feel they can best be supported to lead healthy lives and have their health needs met.
People are invited to give their views by August 19 on a draft version of a rural health and wellbeing strategy for the county.
The strategy sets a vision to improve the overall health, wellbeing and quality of life of all people living in rural areas, recognising the challenges they face.
You may also want to watch:
So far more than 70 organisations have been involved in the development of the strategy, with transport, affordable housing, employment and access to healthcare issues of particular interest.
Sarah Tickner, a registrar in public health at NHS Devon, said: "This strategy is the first of its kind in Devon. It aims to address the wide range of issues, such as isolation and loneliness that have an impact on the health and wellbeing of Devon's rural communities. We recognise that Devon is a big county and is sparsely populated in some rural areas, but the aim of the strategy is to ensure that services in Devon are convenient and accessible to everyone. We know that, especially in the challenging financial climate, we can only achieve this by partnership working and working with local communities and local people."
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 5 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 6 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 7 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 8 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 9 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 10 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
To view and comment on the strategy, go to http://www.devonpct.nhs.uk/default.asp?pg=307 or to obtain a hard copy, telephone (01392 267782) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.