Devon people asked for views on rural health
PEOPLE are being asked for their views on Devon s first rural health and wellbeing strategy NHS Devon is seeking the views of people living in rural Devon on how they feel they can best be supported to lead healthy lives and have their health needs met. P
PEOPLE are being asked for their views on Devon's first rural health and wellbeing strategy
NHS Devon is seeking the views of people living in rural Devon on how they feel they can best be supported to lead healthy lives and have their health needs met.
People are invited to give their views by August 19 on a draft version of a rural health and wellbeing strategy for the county.
The strategy sets a vision to improve the overall health, wellbeing and quality of life of all people living in rural areas, recognising the challenges they face.
You may also want to watch:
So far more than 70 organisations have been involved in the development of the strategy, with transport, affordable housing, employment and access to healthcare issues of particular interest.
Sarah Tickner, a registrar in public health at NHS Devon, said: "This strategy is the first of its kind in Devon. It aims to address the wide range of issues, such as isolation and loneliness that have an impact on the health and wellbeing of Devon's rural communities. We recognise that Devon is a big county and is sparsely populated in some rural areas, but the aim of the strategy is to ensure that services in Devon are convenient and accessible to everyone. We know that, especially in the challenging financial climate, we can only achieve this by partnership working and working with local communities and local people."
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
To view and comment on the strategy, go to http://www.devonpct.nhs.uk/default.asp?pg=307 or to obtain a hard copy, telephone (01392 267782) or email email@example.com.