Devon first aiders faster on bikes
DEVON Red Cross has unveiled two new fast response vehicles — bicycles.
The first of their kind in Devon, Cornwall, Dorset or the Channel Islands,
the bikes give first aiders speed and manoeuvrability when visiting outside events such as the show and will be seen in action throughout the region.
The bikes, which have been sponsored by Land Rover, were soon pressed into action at the North Devon Show as Red Cross members attended several minor incidents such as stings, abrasions and people suffering from the heat or generally feeling unwell.
Biker Andrea Beecham told the Gazette that they had proved very manoeuvrable among the crowds and were equipped with bells to give a warning.
You may also want to watch:
When fully operational the bikes will also be fitted with special panniers in which to carry medical equipment.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow