Devon first aiders faster on bikes
DEVON Red Cross has unveiled two new fast response vehicles — bicycles.
The first of their kind in Devon, Cornwall, Dorset or the Channel Islands,
the bikes give first aiders speed and manoeuvrability when visiting outside events such as the show and will be seen in action throughout the region.
The bikes, which have been sponsored by Land Rover, were soon pressed into action at the North Devon Show as Red Cross members attended several minor incidents such as stings, abrasions and people suffering from the heat or generally feeling unwell.
Biker Andrea Beecham told the Gazette that they had proved very manoeuvrable among the crowds and were equipped with bells to give a warning.
You may also want to watch:
When fully operational the bikes will also be fitted with special panniers in which to carry medical equipment.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack