A Torrington mother has thanked the Devon Air Ambulance for rescuing her son when he was burned by scalding hot coffee.Jodi Davies, 22, was walking with Kayden in the pram on September 11, when the lid popped off the coffee she had just bought.In a split-second the hot coffee ended up over the 14-month-olds legs and torso, but Jodis first aid training kicked in. Jodi, a former St Johns Ambulance cadet, managed to pull Kaydens clothes off him and wrap his burns in clingfilm. She and her mum, Sarah Davies, rushed him to Torrington Health Centre where doctors quickly phoned for an ambulance. An ambulance took us to the football ground, where the air ambulance was waiting to take us to Bristol Childrens Hospital, said Jodi. We had a lot of turbulence on the ride and Im not good with heights, but the crew were amazing at making sure I was okay as well as Kayden. Kayden spent four days in hospital with Jodi by his side, and suffered burns to 15 per cent of his body. He was allowed to go home on Thursday, just in time to see Sarah get married at Bideford Registry Office the next day. I was a bit worried, but he was good as gold, said Jodi. He was running around after the wedding and it was so good to see him smiling. Kayden is now back at home and making an excellent recovery, with the doctors optimistic he could avoid any scarring. Now Jodi and Sarah want to extend their thanks to everyone who helped them that day at the doctors surgery, in the air ambulance and at the hospital. Sarah, a carer, said: They were all absolutely fantastic and we cannot thank them enough. I think its important people see that all their fundraising really does help people so much. Their efforts were perfectly choreographed in a moment of panic. The Devon Air Ambulance is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, and to mark it, the Gazette is telling the tales of those who have been helped by the charity. If you, or someone you know, has been rescued by the air ambulance and would like to tell the story, contact the newsdesk on email@example.com or call 01271 345056.