Development plans for Holsworthy showground
OUTLINE plans have been submitted to develop the former Holsworthy showground site for recreation and residential use. The plans by the Catesby Property Group have been drawn up following public consultation last year and completion of a Recreational Need
OUTLINE plans have been submitted to develop the former Holsworthy showground site for recreation and residential use.
The plans by the Catesby Property Group have been drawn up following public consultation last year and completion of a Recreational Needs Survey for Holsworthy and the surrounding area.
The key elements of Catesby's plans are:
* Around 150 new homes, including affordable housing
You may also want to watch:
* A multi-use sports playing field
* New changing rooms and toilets and an upgraded and improved
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 8 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
* A skate park for local youngsters
* Parking for the Holsworthy Bowls Club
* Additional areas of public open space within a northern extension
to Stanhope Park
* Funding to improve local education and recreational facilities
* Access to the site via a new mini roundabout on Trewyn Road
* Traffic calming on Trewyn Road to improve pedestrian and highway safety.
Approximately one third of the site would be used for recreation, with the remainder for housing.