Development plans for Holsworthy showground
OUTLINE plans have been submitted to develop the former Holsworthy showground site for recreation and residential use. The plans by the Catesby Property Group have been drawn up following public consultation last year and completion of a Recreational Need
OUTLINE plans have been submitted to develop the former Holsworthy showground site for recreation and residential use.
The plans by the Catesby Property Group have been drawn up following public consultation last year and completion of a Recreational Needs Survey for Holsworthy and the surrounding area.
The key elements of Catesby's plans are:
* Around 150 new homes, including affordable housing
You may also want to watch:
* A multi-use sports playing field
* New changing rooms and toilets and an upgraded and improved
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 7 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
* A skate park for local youngsters
* Parking for the Holsworthy Bowls Club
* Additional areas of public open space within a northern extension
to Stanhope Park
* Funding to improve local education and recreational facilities
* Access to the site via a new mini roundabout on Trewyn Road
* Traffic calming on Trewyn Road to improve pedestrian and highway safety.
Approximately one third of the site would be used for recreation, with the remainder for housing.