Development plans for Holsworthy showground
OUTLINE plans have been submitted to develop the former Holsworthy showground site for recreation and residential use. The plans by the Catesby Property Group have been drawn up following public consultation last year and completion of a Recreational Need
OUTLINE plans have been submitted to develop the former Holsworthy showground site for recreation and residential use.
The plans by the Catesby Property Group have been drawn up following public consultation last year and completion of a Recreational Needs Survey for Holsworthy and the surrounding area.
The key elements of Catesby's plans are:
* Around 150 new homes, including affordable housing
* A multi-use sports playing field
* New changing rooms and toilets and an upgraded and improved
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 5 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 6 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 7 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 8 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 9 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 10 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
* A skate park for local youngsters
* Parking for the Holsworthy Bowls Club
* Additional areas of public open space within a northern extension
to Stanhope Park
* Funding to improve local education and recreational facilities
* Access to the site via a new mini roundabout on Trewyn Road
* Traffic calming on Trewyn Road to improve pedestrian and highway safety.
Approximately one third of the site would be used for recreation, with the remainder for housing.