Development plans for Holsworthy showground
OUTLINE plans have been submitted to develop the former Holsworthy showground site for recreation and residential use. The plans by the Catesby Property Group have been drawn up following public consultation last year and completion of a Recreational Need
OUTLINE plans have been submitted to develop the former Holsworthy showground site for recreation and residential use.
The plans by the Catesby Property Group have been drawn up following public consultation last year and completion of a Recreational Needs Survey for Holsworthy and the surrounding area.
The key elements of Catesby's plans are:
* Around 150 new homes, including affordable housing
You may also want to watch:
* A multi-use sports playing field
* New changing rooms and toilets and an upgraded and improved
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 4 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Take on an Incredible Hike for Children’s Hospice South West
* A skate park for local youngsters
* Parking for the Holsworthy Bowls Club
* Additional areas of public open space within a northern extension
to Stanhope Park
* Funding to improve local education and recreational facilities
* Access to the site via a new mini roundabout on Trewyn Road
* Traffic calming on Trewyn Road to improve pedestrian and highway safety.
Approximately one third of the site would be used for recreation, with the remainder for housing.