Developer tables plans for 115 new homes on the fringes of Pilton
- Credit: Archant
Edge-of-town Barnstaple site eyed by house builder.
PLANS for more new homes to the north of Pilton in Barnstaple have been submitted to North Devon Council.
Developer Barratt David Wilson Homes seeks outline permission to build up to 115 houses on land off Northfield Lane, across the main road from North Devon District Hospital.
Plans for 43 new homes on adjacent land at Westaway Plain were submitted to the council in October by Devonshire Homes.
The Northfield Lane application also outlines proposals for associated parking; road and drainage infrastructure; public open space; landscaping and pedestrian links.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme has been ‘revised and refined’ since a pre-application public consultation earlier this year.
A green corridor has been introduced to provide an offset to Shearford Lane County Wildlife Site and the Northfield Lane diversion will be maintained under the new scheme.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
Informal ‘green edges’ would now be created to eastern and northern boundaries through a more dispersed dwelling arrangement.
Members of the public have until December 27 to formally comment on the plans.