Detailed plans submitted for new Barnstaple Tesco
TESCO has submitted detailed plans for a brand new store at Seven Brethren in Barnstaple. The proposed 80,000sq ft superstore – complete with 392 car parking spaces - would be built on the site of the existing Brian Ford s supermarket. The new reserved ma
TESCO has submitted detailed plans for a brand new store at Seven Brethren in Barnstaple.
The proposed 80,000sq ft superstore - complete with 392 car parking spaces - would be built on the site of the existing Brian Ford's supermarket.
The new reserved matters application details the position and appearance of the proposed store and has been submitted on behalf of Tesco by town planning consultants DPP.
It follows last summer's accusations in a national Sunday newspaper that the supermarket giant had used Brian Ford's to "front" previous applications submitted to North Devon Council.
You may also want to watch:
The family-owned store was sold to Tesco in 2003 after being granted outline planning for the demolition of existing buildings and erection of a new food store in July 2001.
Applications to extend the life of the outline permission were granted in 2004 and 2006, while planning permission for an 80,000sq ft store was submitted in September 2007.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 9 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 10 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
The plans can be viewed at the civic centre, or online at www.northdevon.gov.uk (application number 48513).