Design a logo for new North Devon school
- Credit: Archant
Win a Chromebook laptop by entering the Route 39 logo contest for under 12s...
PROSPECTIVE pupils for the new Route 39 Academy set to open in September have been invited to design a logo for their new North Devon secondary school.
The competition is open to children aged 12 and under, with a Chromebook laptop worth £230 as first prize.
The logo will be used in all aspects of the new school, earmarked for a site somewhere near the Bucks Cross area, from website and stationery to uniforms and signs.
The public will be invited to vote for their favourite and there will be an exhibition of all entries at the Route 39 Academy office in Atlantic Village, Bideford, from Monday February 25 - Saturday March 2.
You may also want to watch:
Entries will also be displayed on the Route 39 Facebook page (Route39EP). The five with the most votes will be brought to a judging panel and the winner contacted by March 7.
The design could use the name ‘Route 39 Academy’, or the school ethos of ‘Engage, Respect, Aspire’, or it could be image that represents the school. Multiple entries are allowed.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
The winning logo idea will be worked up by a professional graphic designer. The winner will have the opportunity to meet with the graphic designer, together with their parents, or carers, to see how their design was turned into a logo.
See www.route39.org.uk for more details and to download an entry form. Closing date for entries is Friday, February 22.