Design a logo for new North Devon school
- Credit: Archant
Win a Chromebook laptop by entering the Route 39 logo contest for under 12s...
PROSPECTIVE pupils for the new Route 39 Academy set to open in September have been invited to design a logo for their new North Devon secondary school.
The competition is open to children aged 12 and under, with a Chromebook laptop worth £230 as first prize.
The logo will be used in all aspects of the new school, earmarked for a site somewhere near the Bucks Cross area, from website and stationery to uniforms and signs.
The public will be invited to vote for their favourite and there will be an exhibition of all entries at the Route 39 Academy office in Atlantic Village, Bideford, from Monday February 25 - Saturday March 2.
You may also want to watch:
Entries will also be displayed on the Route 39 Facebook page (Route39EP). The five with the most votes will be brought to a judging panel and the winner contacted by March 7.
The design could use the name ‘Route 39 Academy’, or the school ethos of ‘Engage, Respect, Aspire’, or it could be image that represents the school. Multiple entries are allowed.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
The winning logo idea will be worked up by a professional graphic designer. The winner will have the opportunity to meet with the graphic designer, together with their parents, or carers, to see how their design was turned into a logo.
See www.route39.org.uk for more details and to download an entry form. Closing date for entries is Friday, February 22.