Arson investigation launched after ‘deliberate’ fire at South Molton Football Club
- Credit: Archant
A fire at South Molton Football Club is believed to have been started deliberately.
Arson investigations have been launched following a suspicious fire at South Molton Football Club.
Police are investigating the incident after a fire was started at the club's football stand on Wednesday (November 6).
Officers found a large section in the middle of the stand was burned and now appealing for witnesses.
Devon and Somerset Fire Service were called to Alswear Old Road at 4pm following a call from a member of the public.
You may also want to watch:
Fire engines from South Molton and Barnstaple were mobilised to the scene and arrived in minutes.
The fire, measuring 10m by 3m, was extinguished using one hose reel jet, small tools and a thermal imaging camera.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
There was approximately 4m by 2m damaged by fire.
A fire service spokesman said: "The police were also in attendance as the cause is believed deliberate."
Anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious in or around the ground at the time of the offence is asked to contact police via email@example.com or by phone on 101, quoting crime reference CR/100557/19.