Delays possible as roadworks start in Bideford
A386 works to be carried out from next Monday until March 5.
MAINTENANCE will start on the A386 at Bideford on Monday, January 30 with delays expected for several weeks.
Work to improve the road will take place between Heywood Roundabout on the link road and Morrison’s supermarket from 9.30-3.30pm Monday to Friday and some delays are possible.
The �140,000 scheme is scheduled for completion on March 5. It is being funded by Devon County Council and carried out by specialist firm Balvac.
Temporary traffic lights will be in place and the council has advised road users to find an alternative route during work hours or be prepared for potential delays.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme in Heywood and Kingsley roads involves drilling and injecting resin beneath concrete slabs in the road to fill the voids that have formed beneath and prevent the slabs from rocking under the weight of traffic.
The surface, which has been cracked by the rocking slabs, will then be repaired by South West Highways.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19