Delays possible as roadworks start in Bideford
A386 works to be carried out from next Monday until March 5.
MAINTENANCE will start on the A386 at Bideford on Monday, January 30 with delays expected for several weeks.
Work to improve the road will take place between Heywood Roundabout on the link road and Morrison’s supermarket from 9.30-3.30pm Monday to Friday and some delays are possible.
The �140,000 scheme is scheduled for completion on March 5. It is being funded by Devon County Council and carried out by specialist firm Balvac.
Temporary traffic lights will be in place and the council has advised road users to find an alternative route during work hours or be prepared for potential delays.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme in Heywood and Kingsley roads involves drilling and injecting resin beneath concrete slabs in the road to fill the voids that have formed beneath and prevent the slabs from rocking under the weight of traffic.
The surface, which has been cracked by the rocking slabs, will then be repaired by South West Highways.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home