Delays possible as roadworks start in Bideford
A386 works to be carried out from next Monday until March 5.
MAINTENANCE will start on the A386 at Bideford on Monday, January 30 with delays expected for several weeks.
Work to improve the road will take place between Heywood Roundabout on the link road and Morrison’s supermarket from 9.30-3.30pm Monday to Friday and some delays are possible.
The �140,000 scheme is scheduled for completion on March 5. It is being funded by Devon County Council and carried out by specialist firm Balvac.
Temporary traffic lights will be in place and the council has advised road users to find an alternative route during work hours or be prepared for potential delays.
The scheme in Heywood and Kingsley roads involves drilling and injecting resin beneath concrete slabs in the road to fill the voids that have formed beneath and prevent the slabs from rocking under the weight of traffic.
The surface, which has been cracked by the rocking slabs, will then be repaired by South West Highways.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 3 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 4 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 5 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 6 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 7 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 8 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 9 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 10 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market