Defence firm wins top business award
BARNSTAPLE based J+S Ltd has won the Under �25m turnover section of the West of England Business of the Year Awards. The awards are sponsored by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP supported by the Western Daily Press, ITV West and Beacon South West and are one of
BARNSTAPLE based J+S Ltd has won the Under �25m turnover section of the West of England Business of the Year Awards.
The awards are sponsored by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP supported by the Western Daily Press, ITV West and Beacon South West and are one of the most prestigious business awards for companies in the West of England.
J+S Ltd beat off strong competition in the final from Rick Stein and the Sea Food Restaurant (Padstow) Ltd and Magmatic Ltd, designers of the ride-on children's luggage, Trunki.
The company operates from sites on the Pottington Industrial Estate at Barnstaple and in Aberdeen, employing 120 people in a range of engineering and production activities, primarily in naval support, sub-sea asset management for North Sea oil and gas exploration and the wave and tidal sectors of the marine renewables markets.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director David Jeffries said:
"The J+S business has developed strongly over the past three years, branching out from our roots in naval defence and developing strong businesses in both North Sea oil and gas support services and the rapidly-growing marine renewables energy market place.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
"This award is a recognition of the progress we have made and is, in effect, an independent objective validation of our strategy and performance over the last three years. At J+S we are all very proud to have won such a tough competition."
Tracey Bentham, tax partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers and chairperson of the judges for the category, said: "J+S Ltd really impressed the judges with its all round performance.
" It is an inspirational business with clear strategic direction based on innovation, technical excellence and impressive management.