Defence firm wins top business award
BARNSTAPLE based J+S Ltd has won the Under �25m turnover section of the West of England Business of the Year Awards. The awards are sponsored by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP supported by the Western Daily Press, ITV West and Beacon South West and are one of
BARNSTAPLE based J+S Ltd has won the Under �25m turnover section of the West of England Business of the Year Awards.
The awards are sponsored by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP supported by the Western Daily Press, ITV West and Beacon South West and are one of the most prestigious business awards for companies in the West of England.
J+S Ltd beat off strong competition in the final from Rick Stein and the Sea Food Restaurant (Padstow) Ltd and Magmatic Ltd, designers of the ride-on children's luggage, Trunki.
The company operates from sites on the Pottington Industrial Estate at Barnstaple and in Aberdeen, employing 120 people in a range of engineering and production activities, primarily in naval support, sub-sea asset management for North Sea oil and gas exploration and the wave and tidal sectors of the marine renewables markets.
Managing director David Jeffries said:
"The J+S business has developed strongly over the past three years, branching out from our roots in naval defence and developing strong businesses in both North Sea oil and gas support services and the rapidly-growing marine renewables energy market place.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 3 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 4 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 5 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 6 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 7 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 8 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
"This award is a recognition of the progress we have made and is, in effect, an independent objective validation of our strategy and performance over the last three years. At J+S we are all very proud to have won such a tough competition."
Tracey Bentham, tax partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers and chairperson of the judges for the category, said: "J+S Ltd really impressed the judges with its all round performance.
" It is an inspirational business with clear strategic direction based on innovation, technical excellence and impressive management.