Decision time for 232 new houses in Bideford
Plans for Moreton Park playing fields - minus the Bridge Centre - will be decided on Thursday.
TORRIDGE District Council’s planning committee will meet on Thursday, December 6, to decide on an application for 232 new homes at Moreton Park.
The application had included plans for the ground breaking Bridge Centre for Wings South West before it was removed.
Last week Wings handed a petition to TDC with more than 1,000 signatures asking the council to talk to the applicant, Redrow Homes, about reinstating the Bridge Centre in its plans.
But no amendment has been made to the plans by Redrow and members of the committee must decide on the application as it stands.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Bowser, of Wings, said: “These plans without the bridge centre have been turned down twice by the town council but officers are still recommending approval.
“This is a final call to arms and it would be great if people could come and show their support for the Bridge Centre.”
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
The meeting will take place at Bideford Town Hall at 9.30am.