Decision time for 232 new houses in Bideford
Plans for Moreton Park playing fields - minus the Bridge Centre - will be decided on Thursday.
TORRIDGE District Council’s planning committee will meet on Thursday, December 6, to decide on an application for 232 new homes at Moreton Park.
The application had included plans for the ground breaking Bridge Centre for Wings South West before it was removed.
Last week Wings handed a petition to TDC with more than 1,000 signatures asking the council to talk to the applicant, Redrow Homes, about reinstating the Bridge Centre in its plans.
But no amendment has been made to the plans by Redrow and members of the committee must decide on the application as it stands.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Bowser, of Wings, said: “These plans without the bridge centre have been turned down twice by the town council but officers are still recommending approval.
“This is a final call to arms and it would be great if people could come and show their support for the Bridge Centre.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 7 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
The meeting will take place at Bideford Town Hall at 9.30am.