Decision on South Molton supermarket due next week
NORTH Devon Councillors are set to make a decision about the future of South Molton s Central Car Park area at a meeting next week. On Tuesday, the council s Executive committee will be asked to decide which supermarket – Tesco, Morrisons or Sainsbury s
NORTH Devon Councillors are set to make a decision about the future of South Molton's Central Car Park area at a meeting next week.
On Tuesday, the council's Executive committee will be asked to decide which supermarket - Tesco, Morrisons or Sainsbury's - will be invited to build a store in the town.
Although Sainsbury's last month announced it intends to re-develop the town's existing Somerfield store, representatives of the firm have recently met with South Molton town councillors to express their interest in building a bigger store on the cattle market site.
North Devon Council executive director Steve Pitcher told the Gazette that members would have a series of choices to make at the meeting but was confident that there was now sufficient information "on the table" to enable councillors to make a decision on which store should come to the town.
You may also want to watch:
"Three major players have expresses an interest in coming to South Molton and this can only be good news for the town," he said.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice