Decision on Pollyfield homes plan deferred
A DECISION on plans for 67 new homes at Pollyfield, Bideford East, has been deferred by Torridge District Council’s planning committee to allow time to consider diversion of a footpath and cycleway away from the site and the possibility of one extra local needs affordable home.
Applicant Strongvox wants to develop 1.45 hectares of land between the Pollyfield Community Centre and the existing residential estate of Churchill Road.
A footpath and cycleway currently extends through the site, linking Churchill Road with the lower part of East-the-Water.
Committee members want to divert the path away from the site and also feel that this could allow for one extra local needs affordable home to be included in the plans.
The current application is for 22 two-bedroom properties, 29 three bedroom and one four bedroom properties, plus 15 affordable homes of two and three bedrooms, representing 22 per cent of the total.
You may also want to watch:
Bideford Town Council had recommended refusal on the grounds that the development would be below the agreed 25 per cent affordable housing ratio.
District council officers, however, were recommending approval, subject to a range of conditions, including that the applicants make a contribution of �42,287 towards off-site play provision and nearly �74,000 towards teaching accommodation and ICT equipment at the local primary school.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 5 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections