Decision on Chivenor Cross development
- Credit: Archant
Councillors set to determine plans for 150 new homes and business land.
OUTLINE plans for new a new business park and up to 150 homes at Chivenor Cross, near Braunton, are to be determined by North Devon Council today (Wednesday).
A decision on proposals was deferred by the council in July due to concerns about highways and the number of homes.
Councillors also wanted more evidence to support the need for more employment land and the chance to consider the community’s response to allocations in the local plan.
Officers recommend the plans be approved subject to the agreement of suitable Section 106 developer contributions.
You may also want to watch:
Check back for the result of todays meeting as soon as we have it.
You can also follow live updates posted by our reporter in the meeting on Twitter by following @northdevon24.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes