Decision date looms for Exmoor windfarm
Batsworthy Cross application likely to go before the council next month
NORTH Devon Council is expected to determine a long-running application to build a wind farm at Batsworthy Cross, near Knowstone, next month.
The proposals for nine 103metre 2.5MW turbines on the boarders of Exmoor were submitted to the council in November 2006. The Gazette understands that they are likely to be heard by the planning committee on February 2.
Applicant RWE npower renewables was asked to provide more information on lighting, hydrology and noise following a number of large-scale public consultation exercises.
Similar applications by Coronation Power and Airtricity at neighbouring Bickham Moor and Three Moors were both dismissed on appeal by the Planning Inspectorate in January last year.
You may also want to watch:
A further application by Devon Light and Power for two 100metre turbines at Cross Moor is still to be determined by the council.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon