Decision date looms for Exmoor windfarm
Batsworthy Cross application likely to go before the council next month
NORTH Devon Council is expected to determine a long-running application to build a wind farm at Batsworthy Cross, near Knowstone, next month.
The proposals for nine 103metre 2.5MW turbines on the boarders of Exmoor were submitted to the council in November 2006. The Gazette understands that they are likely to be heard by the planning committee on February 2.
Applicant RWE npower renewables was asked to provide more information on lighting, hydrology and noise following a number of large-scale public consultation exercises.
Similar applications by Coronation Power and Airtricity at neighbouring Bickham Moor and Three Moors were both dismissed on appeal by the Planning Inspectorate in January last year.
You may also want to watch:
A further application by Devon Light and Power for two 100metre turbines at Cross Moor is still to be determined by the council.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty