Decision awaited on suburb homes plan
Proposals for 200 homes on the outskirts of Barnstaple are submitted to council.
PLANS for nearly 200 homes on the outskirts of Barnstaple are to be determined by North Devon Council.
Proposals for a ‘well planned high quality residential environment’ on a 24-acre site bordering Goodleigh Road and Derby Road have been submitted by Wainhomes (South West) Holdings Ltd.
The application is for 182 two-to-five bedroom houses, bungalows and flats. Affordable housing would be a minimum of 35 per cent, with 75 per cent socially rented.
The application also seeks permission for associated roads, sewers, landscaping, parking and garages. It mentions new vehicular accesses from, and the possible widening of, Goodleigh Road.
You may also want to watch:
Area of open space to the north of the existing public footpath would include a play area.
A design and access statement submitted as part of the application says: “The overall development concept would make a positive contribution to the area and has been laid out so as to fully harmonise with the surrounding environment.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
“The layout and scale respects and responds to the site constraints, opportunities and local context.
“The redevelopment of the site has been used as an opportunity to improve the quality of the environment whilst at the same time ensuring that it does not harm the character or appearance of the area.”
A public consultation period ends on April 26.