Decade of blue flags for Westward Ho!
- Credit: Archant
The ‘jewel in Torridge’s crown’ whas received its 10th blue flag award in a row.
WESTWARD HO! has received the Blue Flag Distinction Award for the 10th year in a row.
The international award recognises beaches which have achieved the highest quality in water, facilities, safety, environmental education and management.
Ward member for Westward Ho!, Councillor Roger Tisdale, said: “I’m delighted that Westward Ho! has once again received the Blue Flag Award recognising all the hard work by everybody committed to making our beach a venue we can all be proud of.
“It’s an assurance this is one of the best beaches in Europe with guaranteed water quality.
You may also want to watch:
“To have received this award 10 years in succession is a considerable achievement and I hope will encourage more people to come and experience Torridge’s ‘jewel in the crown’ for themselves.”
Barry Parsons, former leader of the council, added: “To receive this nationwide award of excellence shows Westward Ho! is clean, safe, easily accessible and a great place to come on holiday.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
“It is a wonderful stretch of sand which attracts many, many visitors and locals each year.”