Decade of blue flags for Westward Ho!
- Credit: Archant
The ‘jewel in Torridge’s crown’ whas received its 10th blue flag award in a row.
WESTWARD HO! has received the Blue Flag Distinction Award for the 10th year in a row.
The international award recognises beaches which have achieved the highest quality in water, facilities, safety, environmental education and management.
Ward member for Westward Ho!, Councillor Roger Tisdale, said: “I’m delighted that Westward Ho! has once again received the Blue Flag Award recognising all the hard work by everybody committed to making our beach a venue we can all be proud of.
“It’s an assurance this is one of the best beaches in Europe with guaranteed water quality.
You may also want to watch:
“To have received this award 10 years in succession is a considerable achievement and I hope will encourage more people to come and experience Torridge’s ‘jewel in the crown’ for themselves.”
Barry Parsons, former leader of the council, added: “To receive this nationwide award of excellence shows Westward Ho! is clean, safe, easily accessible and a great place to come on holiday.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 5 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
- 10 The Beggar's Opera - This week at the Queen's Theatre
“It is a wonderful stretch of sand which attracts many, many visitors and locals each year.”