Death of ‘inspirational’ hospital fundraiser
Tireless cancer campaigner dies in hospital, aged 78
JENNIFER Bonetta, whose amazing charity fundraising has touched the lives of many North Devon people, has died at the North Devon District Hospital at the age of 78.
Jennifer, of Northam, founded the North Devon Cancer Care Trust in 1994 following the death from cancer of her husband, Tom.
Since then, with the help of her son James and a devoted committee of volunteers, the charity has raised more than �1.5 million.
The latest venture of Jennifer and her team has been to provide funding towards a new chemotherapy unit in North Devon, having made a donation of �250,000 earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
Jac Kelly, chief executive of Northern Devon Healthcare Trust, said: “Jennifer Bonetta was an inspirational lady who has played a hugely significant role over many years in raising funds and improving care for people in North Devon living with cancer.
“Our deepest condolences are with the Bonetta family at this time.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
Jennifer, who died yesterday (Monday), also leaves a daughter, Mary, and grandchildren Jennifer and Nicholas.
The funeral service is being held at St Margaret’s Church, Northam, next Wednesday, August 3. There will be family flowers only, with donations to the North Devon Cancer Care Trust.