Days numbered for Barnstaple multi storey
Demolition likely within next 12 months, say council
THE crumbling Queen Street multi storey car park in Barnstaple is on course to be demolished before the end of this year.
North Devon Council’s executive has recommended the �665,000 budget set aside to get rid of the aging concrete structure and replace it with an ordinary car park be brought forward to this financial year.
Council leader Councillor Des Brailey said he hoped this “phase one” of the redevelopment of the Queen Street area would happen later this year.
“It will be resurfaced and re-used as a car park until such time as we complete the redevelopment of the area in its entirety,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The 40-year-old multi storey has been decaying for some time and has required constant and costly maintenance from the council in recent years.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 7 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 8 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack