Days numbered for Barnstaple multi storey
Demolition likely within next 12 months, say council
THE crumbling Queen Street multi storey car park in Barnstaple is on course to be demolished before the end of this year.
North Devon Council’s executive has recommended the �665,000 budget set aside to get rid of the aging concrete structure and replace it with an ordinary car park be brought forward to this financial year.
Council leader Councillor Des Brailey said he hoped this “phase one” of the redevelopment of the Queen Street area would happen later this year.
“It will be resurfaced and re-used as a car park until such time as we complete the redevelopment of the area in its entirety,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The 40-year-old multi storey has been decaying for some time and has required constant and costly maintenance from the council in recent years.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 3 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs