Days numbered for Barnstaple multi storey
Demolition likely within next 12 months, say council
THE crumbling Queen Street multi storey car park in Barnstaple is on course to be demolished before the end of this year.
North Devon Council’s executive has recommended the �665,000 budget set aside to get rid of the aging concrete structure and replace it with an ordinary car park be brought forward to this financial year.
Council leader Councillor Des Brailey said he hoped this “phase one” of the redevelopment of the Queen Street area would happen later this year.
“It will be resurfaced and re-used as a car park until such time as we complete the redevelopment of the area in its entirety,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The 40-year-old multi storey has been decaying for some time and has required constant and costly maintenance from the council in recent years.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington