Day the 'Queen' visited Pynes Nursery
GOOD manners was the ordeer of the day when the Queen of the whole world and the Moon came to visit the children at Pynes Nursery. When the Queen arrived, she was greeted by the Nursery Teacher, Mrs Marchant who was resplendent in her lime green a
GOOD manners was the ordeer of the day when 'the "Queen of the whole world and the Moon" came to visit the children at Pynes Nursery.
When the "Queen" arrived, she was greeted by the Nursery Teacher, Mrs Marchant who was resplendent in her lime green and pink ensemble. The children, also dressed in their best outfits, lined up to greet her and the boys bowed and the girls curtsied as they had practised.
The "Queen" had come to have tea with the children and was most impressed with their beautiful table manners and how well behaved they all were. The tables were laid with cloths, cups and saucers and a delicious selection of cakes for the "Queen" and the children to enjoy.
The children, who are aged between three and four, had talked about good manners and how they should behave at the table should the real Queen ever visit.
The "royal" visitor said: "I was delighted to hear all the children saying 'please' and 'thank you' when they were passed their cakes. I have had to be very strict with my own grandchildren about good manners and the children at Pynes Nursery are setting a marvellous example."
The "Queen" was given a present of a new tiara with a flashing light at the front and a feather duster made from lovely soft chicken feathers. The feather duster was particularly significant as the children had recently watched some chicken eggs hatch in their Nursery and the chicks are now growing feathers just like the ones in the duster.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 8 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas