Day the 'Queen' visited Pynes Nursery
GOOD manners was the ordeer of the day when the Queen of the whole world and the Moon came to visit the children at Pynes Nursery. When the Queen arrived, she was greeted by the Nursery Teacher, Mrs Marchant who was resplendent in her lime green a
GOOD manners was the ordeer of the day when 'the "Queen of the whole world and the Moon" came to visit the children at Pynes Nursery.
When the "Queen" arrived, she was greeted by the Nursery Teacher, Mrs Marchant who was resplendent in her lime green and pink ensemble. The children, also dressed in their best outfits, lined up to greet her and the boys bowed and the girls curtsied as they had practised.
The "Queen" had come to have tea with the children and was most impressed with their beautiful table manners and how well behaved they all were. The tables were laid with cloths, cups and saucers and a delicious selection of cakes for the "Queen" and the children to enjoy.
The children, who are aged between three and four, had talked about good manners and how they should behave at the table should the real Queen ever visit.
You may also want to watch:
The "royal" visitor said: "I was delighted to hear all the children saying 'please' and 'thank you' when they were passed their cakes. I have had to be very strict with my own grandchildren about good manners and the children at Pynes Nursery are setting a marvellous example."
The "Queen" was given a present of a new tiara with a flashing light at the front and a feather duster made from lovely soft chicken feathers. The feather duster was particularly significant as the children had recently watched some chicken eggs hatch in their Nursery and the chicks are now growing feathers just like the ones in the duster.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 3 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 10 New food delivery service launched in Barnstaple