Day of world culture comes to Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Strand set to play host to festival of diversity.
BARNSTAPLE is hosting a day of cultural diversity this Saturday.
From 11am to 4pm, the Strand will come alive with world music, dance and fashion during the fourth annual North Devon Sunrise Diversity Festival.
Organisers say this year’s event promises to be bigger and better than ever – a perfect platform for people from all backgrounds to come together to celebrate cultural differences.
The family-friendly festival will feature a number of musical acts including headliners RSVP Bhangra, one of the South West’s leading bhangra bands.
You may also want to watch:
Event organiser Muktar Ahmed said: “It’s not every day that North Devon will see one of the biggest Bhangra bands around – I’m sure everyone will enjoy RSVP’s appearance at the festival.
“There are loads of other things going on including henna tattoos and face painting. Last year’s feedback survey found that one of the best things about the festival is the variety of activities.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
Other entertainment on the day will include a fashion show; food stalls; African drumming; story telling; henna tattoo and face painting; as well as various stalls and activities.
For more information about the festival visit: www.northdevonsunrise.org/sdf2013