Day of world culture comes to Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Strand set to play host to festival of diversity.
BARNSTAPLE is hosting a day of cultural diversity this Saturday.
From 11am to 4pm, the Strand will come alive with world music, dance and fashion during the fourth annual North Devon Sunrise Diversity Festival.
Organisers say this year’s event promises to be bigger and better than ever – a perfect platform for people from all backgrounds to come together to celebrate cultural differences.
The family-friendly festival will feature a number of musical acts including headliners RSVP Bhangra, one of the South West’s leading bhangra bands.
You may also want to watch:
Event organiser Muktar Ahmed said: “It’s not every day that North Devon will see one of the biggest Bhangra bands around – I’m sure everyone will enjoy RSVP’s appearance at the festival.
“There are loads of other things going on including henna tattoos and face painting. Last year’s feedback survey found that one of the best things about the festival is the variety of activities.”
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
Other entertainment on the day will include a fashion show; food stalls; African drumming; story telling; henna tattoo and face painting; as well as various stalls and activities.
For more information about the festival visit: www.northdevonsunrise.org/sdf2013