Darts team take on bathtub challenge for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
A group of lads from the Crealock Arms in Littleham will be donning fairy outfits and pushing a bathtub around North Devon in a bid to raise thousands of pounds.
THE darts team at the Crealock Arms will be pushing a bath tub 15 miles around North Devon dressed as purple fairies for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
As part of its annual fundraiser, the team of lads are hoping to raise in excess of £10,000 for the appeal.
They will start their adventure from Asda Bideford at 8.30am on Saturday, April 13, and venture through Bideford, Northam, Appledore, Westward Ho!, Abbotsham before returning to the Crealock Arms for a well earned rest.
Lulu Graham, who will be travelling with the team collecting donations, said the men will be dressed as purple and white fairies to reflect the colours of the charity.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Our motto is ‘fill the bath’, and we want people to meet us on the way with any money donations and join in the fun.
“Last year the team raised £4,600 with a 24 hour darts marathon, but we’re hoping to raise even more this year.”
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
The team will be stopping at various pubs along the way, and are also hosting a purple and white raffle on Friday at the Crealock Arms in Littleham.
“We’re hoping businesses will donate anything purple towards the raffle so we can raise as much money as possible,” said Lulu.
Anyone interested in donating a raffle prize can drop it into the Crealock Arms by Friday, or call Lulu on 07732980792.
To donate to the team, visit www.justgiving.com/Crealock-Arms-Darts-Team or turn out to support the team on the day.