Darts team take on bathtub challenge for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
A group of lads from the Crealock Arms in Littleham will be donning fairy outfits and pushing a bathtub around North Devon in a bid to raise thousands of pounds.
THE darts team at the Crealock Arms will be pushing a bath tub 15 miles around North Devon dressed as purple fairies for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
As part of its annual fundraiser, the team of lads are hoping to raise in excess of £10,000 for the appeal.
They will start their adventure from Asda Bideford at 8.30am on Saturday, April 13, and venture through Bideford, Northam, Appledore, Westward Ho!, Abbotsham before returning to the Crealock Arms for a well earned rest.
Lulu Graham, who will be travelling with the team collecting donations, said the men will be dressed as purple and white fairies to reflect the colours of the charity.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Our motto is ‘fill the bath’, and we want people to meet us on the way with any money donations and join in the fun.
“Last year the team raised £4,600 with a 24 hour darts marathon, but we’re hoping to raise even more this year.”
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
The team will be stopping at various pubs along the way, and are also hosting a purple and white raffle on Friday at the Crealock Arms in Littleham.
“We’re hoping businesses will donate anything purple towards the raffle so we can raise as much money as possible,” said Lulu.
Anyone interested in donating a raffle prize can drop it into the Crealock Arms by Friday, or call Lulu on 07732980792.
To donate to the team, visit www.justgiving.com/Crealock-Arms-Darts-Team or turn out to support the team on the day.